Wednesday, September 22, 2010

While you've been looking away.



I've lost my sleep to the thoughts of you and me
and what all we could be.
I've given fantasies a free run on the haloed grounds
of my heart to conjure up images of a future that I want to see.

I've been trying to hide the obvious from you and yet hoping for you to feel
its the webs of an ugly reality that I've wanted  to peel
to clear the way for you to sway.
I've loved and lost you
and all this While you've been looking away.

I've wanted to hold you in my arms so tight that you could
feel the sound of my heart.
I want you to hear the beat it plays
all the songs for you it sings and all the things it says.
ignore all the signs if you really must and if you may
I've surrendered my being to your love
and all this while you've been looking away.

now, you may have heard things like this before
a web of lies from a different source.
You may be cynical as hell, I can look in you eyes and tell
But for me its real I know, its no "shallow" hearts play
I've slowly melted my self in the fires of love for you
and all this while you've been looking away.

It's your choice if you chose to disbelieve
It's okay if you don't sway.
For my dreams don't need the crutches of approval
I will wait for you as long as it takes
Its true love for you that my eyes betray
and I'll burn in the pyres of dreams till eternity
and all this while you'll be looking away.

1 comment:

sangeeta said...

Beautifully written Upkar.